台北植物園

圖片說明
::: The current location:HOME > About Us > History
Font:小|中|大 | Print

History

 

1895Year 1918Year 1941Year 1964Year 1987Year 2012Year
1895
Meiji 28
Guangshi 21
In early days of the Japanese colonial period, the Japanese government realized the importance of a thorough investigation of the flora on the island as well as the need of systematically planting trees; they designed a nursery which was affiliated with the Regenerative and Products Bureau (Ministry of Civil Affair). On December 30th of this year, part of the military property near Xiaonanmen was designated to build the nursery. It's location was in between alleys 216 and 258 of current Yenping south road to the section 2 of Chung-Hua street.

1899
Meiji 32
Guangshi 25
The nursery was evacuated to Dalongdong and Yuan Shan to yield the land for the military hospital, but the limited land in these areas and the relocation greatly affected the growth of the plant.

1900
Meiji 33
Guangshi 26
A land of 4.3 hectare near the Long-Jia-Kou Village (near South City Gate) was purchased to accommodate more plant species. This was the first foundation of "Taipei Nursery". It was composed of the areas of current Dicotyledons Garden, Botanist Memorial Garden, Systematic Beds, and the administration building. Fifteen areas were designed in that stage. Aside from the nursery facilities, orchard garden and floriculture areas were included. In addition, scientific testing and experiments were carried out in the nursery.

1905
Meiji 38
Guangshi 31
The area of the nursery expanded further this year. 15,366 ping of land was bought from National Taiwan Bank to increase the area of Seed Tree cutting bed and floriculture garden. These lands were in the current intersection of Chung Ching South Road and Nan Hai Road. Resting areas and tea shops were built which successfully brought in more visitors. According to Taiwan Daily News, Taipei nursery was considered a marvelous place which plant precious plant species and a better relaxing area than other parks.

1911
Meiji 44
Minguo 1
The Taipei Nursery was restructured to become Forestry Experimental Station which is administrated by the Regenerative and Products Bureau of the Governor General's Office. Two other branch sites including Chiayi and Heng Chun Forestry Testing Sites.

1921
Taishio 10
Minguo 10
Taipei Nursery was renamed as Taipei Botanical Garden on January 22nd this year. The same year, the Japanese government affiliated all the research institutes under the "Central Research Institute", the Forestry Institute was renamed the Department of Forestry, which was one of the four departments which belongs to the Central Research Institute.

1924
Taishio 13
Minguo 13
Completion of the Herbarium.

1933
Showa 8
Minguo 22
In order to build the Taipei City Hall (Currently named as Chong Shan Hall), part of the Bu-Cheng-Shih-Sz Yamen was relocated to the Botanical Garden while the other parts was moved the zoo in Yuan Shan.

1939
Showa 14
Minguo 28
The Central Research Institute was reformed and the Forestry Division was renamed "Forestry Research Institute" which was under direct supervision of the Superintendent Hall. In Showa 17, a research branch for southern Taiwan was established.

1945
Showa 20
Minguo 34
The Republic of China regained it's admiration of Taiwan. Mr. Wei-Fan Lin became the head of the Providential Forestry Institute.

1949
Showa 24
Minguo 38
Taiwan Providential Forestry Research Institute renamed as Taiwan Providential Agriculture and Forestry, Forestry Research Institute.

The renovation of Bu-Cheng-Shih-Sz Yamen completed. The building reopened in 1965 as a forestry exhibition hall. 1963-1965

Minguo 52-54

The Bureau of Admiration designated the Bu-Cheng-Shih-Sz Yamen as a second-degree historic monument. 1985

Minguo 74

The government went through a another reform. The institute was reaffiliated to the Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan. 1999

Minguo 88

The number of specimens had long exceeded the capacity of the Herbarium. From the completion of the Forest Conservation Building in 2000, most of the specimens were relocated to the first and second floor of the building, in the storage rooms with temperature (low) and humidity (high) control. 2000

Minguo 89

The Bu-Cheng-Shih-Sz Museum renovated and reopen. | | | |
2010

Minguo 99